Sunday, January 17, 2010

Knitting funk



I've got myself into a bit of a knitting funk. I've only picked up the needles once since New Years and that was simply to finish off a pair of simple socks that I keep in my handbag for knitting at the doctors office or anywhere else I have to wait.


I admit that some of this knitting funk is due to my health. Some mornings I wake up with the most terrible arthritis and simply cannot hold a mug of coffee level on use my computer mouse or hold the pointy sticks. But I put that down to it being winter and wet. Especially since last winter was just as bad. Plus my joints are suggesting that we are going to get snow in the next two weeks, but I don't believe them.


The Lissajous Sock pattern has been in progress for a few months now. It's a true delight to knit. The pattern is easy to follow but challenging. It is the kind of pattern that goes well with an audio book or some classical music but is difficult to knit in public or in front of the TV.

I have other works in progress bumming around the place, but non of them really capture my attention right now. What I want is something fairly simple to knit. Perhaps with a couple of lines of colour work here and there, but not too much.

What I really want to knit is this:


It was spun with the intention of being a sweater and should knit up nicely on a 4.5mm or 5mm needle size. The trouble is that I don't think I have enough. I only have 607 meters total (light plum - 192m, dark purple - 139m, blue - 128m, and grey - 148m). I am small or extra-small these days so I wonder if it would be enough for something.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Your sock-in-progress is lovely! What a gorgeous pattern!
Your yarn is really beautiful, too. I really like your colour choices. I'm not sure you'd have enough for a sweater (unless you make it very drapey on bigger needles, or lacy, but that may not be the kind of sweater you want), but there may be enough for a vest? Or, if you really want a sweater, could you spin one more skein? Whatever you decide to do with it, I'm looking forward to seeing it knit up!

I hope the weather will soon get better, enough so that your arthritis won't be as terrible...