Thursday, July 08, 2010

Tour de Fleece 2010 - Diz


My wool combs, my beautiful, five pitch combs came with a crappy diz.

So, dad bought me a better one.


My old diz, a device used to draft/remove the combed wool from the combs, was simply a section plastic pipe with a rather large slit in it. It was functional but ineloquent. This new diz is a happy little thing, hand turned wood with five holes to choose from. Believe it or not, it makes a far superior wool top and somehow, using the smaller holes helps to remove the noils and vegi-mater.

In other news, I did very little spinning today, only managing a bit of Shetland this morning while watching the Tour de France. I took my spindle to spinning group today, but only managed about 6 inches of silk thread. I'm too hot to do anything. I too hot to even tell you about the great prize I won, so I'll have to tell you about that tomorrow.

No comments: