Friday, July 16, 2010

Tour de Fleece 2010 - sizing, I hate it.


Okay everyone, here is my opinion of my first attempt to apply sizing. I hate it.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, and did I mention that I hate it.


It is horrid.

The yarn is all glued together and impossible to separate. I've put the yarn to soak to try to get some of the sizing out, but even if I succeed, it's no use weaving with this as it is no longer an accurate representation of how the yarn will act. Thank goodness this is only sampling. If I had glued the warp for my large project, I would be in tears right now.

I'm certain I did something wrong with the sizing. I haven't found any good instructions except to say 'here is how to make some sizing' and 'it makes yarn stronger'. But, I think it will be quite some time before I try it again.


So today, I plan to wind a new warp from my Tour de Fleece Shetland singles, and without sizing it, dress my loom.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

Ugh! I'm sorry to learn that sizing had such disastrous results on your yarn! As you said, thank goodness this was only sampling...