Sunday, February 06, 2011

Handspun Yarn to Dye


I've been spinning more of this Wavy 2ply slub yarn from Corriedale roving. I have 3 skeins going down to the shop tomorrow to put up for sale.


This stuff is so soft and consistently slubby. It has such a soft hand but is very strong. I think it's the best novelty yarn I've made in a long time. It's easily reproduceable, which means that if someone wanted some made out of coloured roving, that could be arranged.

What I would love to see is for someone to take it home and dye it. I imagine it would take up the dyes really well, the areas with tighter twist would take the dyes differently than the areas with less twist.


Speaking about yarns good for dyeing: I saw that there was still a skein of the white Cotswold Boucle still for sale at the shop. Yet another yarn prefect for dyeing.




Perhaps if one of you readers of this blog out there happen to buy and make something with my yarn, you could let me know.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

You are doing such beautiful work! I hope these skeins soon find loving homes, and that the person who chose them will share with you what happened to them. :)