Saturday, July 02, 2011

Tour de Fleece 2011 - the start


I don't remember how many years I have participated in the Tour de Fleece now. But I tell you, I look forward to it all year.

The Tour de Fleece is an event that hundreds (maybe thousands) of spinners take part in. We spin yarn while the brave cyclists race the Tour de France. Every race day during those three weeks that the cyclists ride, we spin.



For me, this year has been a bit different. Life has been overwhelming! I feel buried beneath a mountain of fleece and other projects that need tackling yesterday.

My goal for the Tour de Fleece this year is to slowly plug away at some of these projects and hopefully by the end of the next three weeks, be less swamped by fibre.

If I am very lucky, I will be able to start spinning the fibre from my recently shorn alpacas!




Today I start spinning this Lovely fibre for a friend. She will me knit me socks, I will spin her sock yarn.

1 comment:

Josiane said...

The fibre from your alpacas? Did I miss something, or you mentioned it and I simply forgot? (That's entirely possible...)
I'm looking forward to seeing the lovely yarns you'll spin this month! :)