Friday, April 06, 2012

How to make Zines Zine - or a swift kick in the pants to get me going


When I saw the title, I couldn't help myself. How to Make your very own Zine! (it's super easy), by Casey Bradley.


I even got a little hand drawn picture on my envelope. It made me smile!

This zine is exactly as promised, a little booklet about how to make more little booklets. It's full of useful information, awesome drawings (I just adore the drawings), and a swift kick in the pants for me to stop procrastinating and get back to work on my own poor efforts.



All these tools just to make one little zine. I don't know. (shakes head in a bemused fashion, at self)

I was procrastinating because, I'm way earlier than I said I would be (last week of each month isn't for ages yet) and because I wasn't confident I could sew fabric swatches onto paper with my old machine. Oh me of little faith. The machine thought nothing of it and the only complaint it made was that I waited so long to play with it.

April's Crowing Hen Guide to Household Management is Finished! It's all about washing fabrics, yarn, &c., by hand. It's a bit more text heavy than I would have liked, but I make up for that by not adding as many terrible line drawings as normal. :)




1 comment:

Josiane said...

Isn't it nice when we find something that inspires us to get our ideas and projects out of our heads and into the world? Lovely!
Congratulations on getting this new zine finished and ready to go so quickly!