Monday, May 14, 2012

Flying Spaghetti Monster spotted in the sky over Saanich

You all know about the Flying Spaghetti Monster right?

Borrowed from venganza.org
I saw a cloud today that looked like the FSM in his full noodley glory.

It wasn't that it slightly resembled the FSM, or that it looked a bit like him.  This cloud looked EXACTLY like the Flying Spaghetti Monster, in every detail, including the darker balls and the single long, thin, mysterious noodle reaching down and touching the earth.

The only cloud in a clear blue, and unseasonably hot, sky and it happens to be hiding the one true FSM.

It was quite a humbling and disturbing sight.

The cell phone in my camera is terribly inadequate - or perhaps His Noodleness had a hand  noodle in its inability to capture the image accurately.  But as you can see, the image it gives me is nothing like what I really saw.

Most of my attempts came out like this, with the cloud obscured by some strange light (the sun was behind me, so there should not have been any glare - shall we pretend there was a supernatural influence here?)



But I managed to capture one photo of him - or should I say he allowed me to do so.






  It's still not clear but if you look very closely, you can sort of make it out.



Ah well.  That's technology for you.
At least I know I saw it.