Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tour de Fleece 2013 - stage eleven

You know what, I haven't done a lick of spinning today.  Not one drop spindle, not a handful of fibre, nothing.  I hope to remedy that later tonight, but for now, here's a photo of some tablet weaving I've been playing with.



Sorry, that's not handspun either.  But it's looking rather fine if I may say so myself.

I'm really surprised how much I like tablet weaving.  It's very portable and very satisfying.  I made my tablets from an old deck of playing cards.  The shuttle I made by cutting out some cards and gluing them together.  Of course, I couldn't find my glue, if I ever had any, so I boiled up some flour, sugar and water and made a very efficient glue.



Now to finally watch Sky Fall (the latest james bond film).  It's nice of the library to replace the video rental stores, but the wait list... oof. *slowly shakes head in dismay*

No comments: